Hotchkiss Scholars AwardThe Hotchkiss Scholar award, LFGSM’s highest honor, was established in 1984 in honor of Dr. Eugene Hotchkiss, President Emeritus of Lake Forest College and longtime member of the LFGSM Board of Directors.
In 2004, Dr. Hotchkiss established the Hotchkiss Scholarship Fund to promote academic excellence and recognize students on-track to become Hotchkiss Scholars at Graduation. Over the years, generous donors have raised over $120,000 for this endowed scholarship and more than 80 outstanding students have received over $92,000 in scholarships.
Hotchkiss Scholar Program Qualifications
The Hotchkiss Scholar Candidates scheduled to graduate in June 2017 will be evaluated by a selection committee that will consider the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.95 or higher
- Completed Hotchkiss Scholar Application, including a personal essay
- One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Twenty hours of documented community service or business project (outside of the student’s own organization). Volunteering or Business Project must be approved by the Director of Student Services prior to beginning.
- Participation in the LFGSM Business Community through networking events, student groups, golf outing, Graduation, or Admissions Open Houses
For more information about the requirements of the new Business Impact Certificate, please contact Registrar@lfgsm.edu.
Class of 2015 Hotchkiss Scholars
Thomas R. Brubeck
David D. Buisson
Sheila Dy Juanco
Thomas Kenneth Hess
Laura Yelvigi Joglekar
Edward Ben Matthew
Shawne Adrian Pierson
David J. Schiff
Kimberly Ann Shaffer
Jennifer Z. Thatcher
James Shannon Welch