Hotchkiss Scholars Award
The Hotchkiss Scholar award was established in 1984 in honor of Dr. Eugene Hotchkiss, President Emeritus of Lake Forest College and former member of Lake Forest Graduate School of Management (LFGSM) Board of Directors. Hotchkiss Scholars are selected on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to the spirit of educational excellence. The Hotchkiss Scholar designation is the highest honor that LFGSM confers on a graduating student.
LFGSM regards the ability to understand and adapt to global management trends and the demonstration of business impact as a defining elements of management education. Consequently, since the Hotchkiss Scholarship requires that candidates display "outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to the spirit of excellence" the nature of academic achievement must be continuously updated to reflect this reality.
Hotchkiss Scholar Program Qualifications
Students graduating in June 2017 and subsequent years will earn the Hotchkiss Scholars designation solely on the Business Impact Award basis. That is, Hotchkiss Scholars will have met the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.95 or higher
- Completed Hotchkiss Scholar Application, including a personal essay
- One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Twenty hours of documented community service or business project (outside of the student’s own organization). Volunteering or Business Project must be approved by the Director of Student Services prior to beginning.
- Participation in the LFGSM Business Community through networking events, student groups, golf outing, Graduation, or Admissions Open Houses