Global Practicum - EuropeThis course offers students an opportunity to focus on the European business environment within an innovative and flexible framework that combines traditional classroom-based learning with structured, rigorous in-country experiential learning. The pragmatic aspects of doing business abroad, such as cultural differences, resource availability, legal and economic framework, technology, and marketing issues, are explored through classroom discussion, in-country company and government site visits, lectures from European educators and business leaders, and consulting project client interaction. Effective communication and ethical decision making under the umbrella of the global challenge are addressed.
5840 GLOBAL PRACTICUM: EUROPE
Must complete registration by December 20, 2013
Trip details: Depart Sunday 5/11/14 - Return Saturday 5/24/14
Term: Spring 2
Country 1: Istanbul, Turkey
Country 2: Warsaw, Poland
(1st class) Tuesday, April 29, 2014
(2nd class) Tuesday, May 6, 2014
(3rd class) Tuesday, June 3, 2014 (final debrief)
The Global Practicum Program Costs:
1. LFGSM standard course tuition.
2. Supplemental Global Practicum Travel Fee $4,000 (includes accommodations, in country travel and experiences abroad)
3. Airfare (TBD)
4. Visa country entry fees (TBD)
Please register with the LFGSM Registrar, by clicking on a link below to set an appointment.
- A Global Practica course can also be substituted for another course in any Specialization
- To fulfill the requirements of a Hotchkiss Scholar, you must participate in 5847 Global Base Camp, or Dean Waiver.
- To complete registration you must (1) register with our LFGSM Registrar’s office
- You must (2) complete the WorldStrides Travel Partner Online Registration (OLR) tool