Developing Effective Leaders
Legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson has said, “The strength of the team is each individual member - the strength of each member is the team.”
Organizations today are looking for ways to harness and direct the brain power of their employees. While individual contributions are critical to an organization’s success, the synergy occurring between and among employees as they work together to focus on an opportunity can produce extraordinary results.
This course includes skill development for each individual team member, as well as strategies for maximizing the effectiveness of the overall team. Key topics include the stages of team development and how to identify these stages; the key components of effective communication; application of the DiSC model to teams; leadership styles that foster high performing teams; and strategies to minimize team conflict.
As a result of this program, participants will be able to:
- Link teamwork to the organizations’ competencies where appropriate
- Identify the stages of team development using the Tuckman model
- Give examples of the Tuckman stages as they relate to their organizations
- Evaluate a team’s effectiveness as it moves from one stage to the next
- Identify strategic touch points for providing clarification
- Identify the components of effective communication when developing teams
- Identify the components of effective coaching when developing team
- Identify common team situations where conflict might occur
- Identify strategies for mitigating team conflict
We tailor courses to meet your needs, using our all-business-practitioner faculty. To discuss available options for this course, including length, delivery mode, and reinforcement, please call Corporate Learning Solutions at (847) 574-5322, or email us at CLS@lfgsm.edu.