Lake Forest and Crain’s Launch Leadership Development Program
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management is excited to announce Crain’s ExecEdge, a new leadership development program presented in partnership with Crain’s Chicago Business. Crain’s ExecEdge is designed for mid to senior level managers who will learn to lead, engage, and climb to executive level roles.
Crain’s ExecEdge is a six-month program that utilizes personal assessments, group coaching, and collaborative action projects to develop key attributes and skills for high-impact, agile leaders. Participants will meet one Thursday a month at Crain’s downtown Chicago location from February 2017 through July 2017. They will stay engaged between in-person sessions through LFGSM’s Learning Management System which hosts videos, threaded discussions and additional resources.
The program is led by LFGSM’s Business Leader Faculty®, including LFGSM President and CEO Jeff Anderson. Business and civic leaders serve as guest speakers sharing their experiences as “Leaders on the Edge.”
Crain’s ExecEdge participants will enhance their skills in the areas of:
- Self-Awareness – Understand and manage personal strengths and derailers
- Agility – Become a resourceful, resilient leader in the face of business challenges
- Engaging Others – Use skills and self-knowledge to build productive teams and relationships
- Everyday Innovation – Leverage creativity and inspire others to produce disruptive and iterative changes
- Strategic Vision – Translate vision into action and results by striking a balance between being a dreamer and an implementer
- Corporate Civic Responsibility – Explore how responsible business practices, environmental stewardship, social impact and stakeholder engagement offer new opportunities and challenges for business
As an added benefit to participants, Crain’s ExecEdge graduates will receive credit for two courses toward their Lake Forest MBA upon admission to the program and completion of the first MBA course.
Lake Forest is committed to providing leadership development and strategic growth opportunities for its students, corporate partners, business professionals, and the community. LFGSM President and CEO Jeff Anderson says, “Working with Crain’s to reach high-potential leaders across Chicagoland is an incredible opportunity to showcase the edge Lake Forest has in leadership development. This innovative open enrollment program combines the best of our graduate level business education and cutting-edge Corporate Learning Solutions to propel careers to the next level.”
If you’re looking to advance your career, engage with other professionals, and develop tools to grow as a leader, register for an upcoming Open House at CrainsAcademy.com or contact ExecEdge@lfgsm.edu.