GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Non-Degree Corporate Education in Chicagoland & Online
Professionals who are pursuing an degree at Lake Forest Graduate School of Managment or non-degree-seekers can further benefit from the Leadership MBA curriculum by pursuing a Graduate Certificate Program, derived from the core courses in the LMBA program. With LFGSM’s signature “learn it today, use it tomorrow” approach to business education, graduate certificate students will become effective leaders from day one.
Students can earn any one of the following three graduate certificates in a year.
CHANGE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
This series of four core courses helps students develop the skills needed to increase leadership effectiveness. Students will gain the knowledge and skills to guide and facilitate constructive strategic change.
At the completion of the Change Management Certificate, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences using the most appropriate and effective tool
- Articulate the business case for change
- Gain personal insight from an analysis of their personal leadership style relative to change
- Evaluate how culture impacts and drives change in a global environment
- Apply change leadership principles to create and lead a successful change initiative that enhances organization excellence and maximizes value
GLOBAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE
The global economy trends toward greater integration and interdependency. From cultural diversity, financial management, and marketing perspectives students will learn how to work and build success across borders. These courses examine issues under the umbrella of the global challenge that include strategic ethical considerations, global financial markets, cross border investments, competitive markets, and environmental factors.
At the completion of the Global Business Certificate, students will be able to:
- Evaluate personal assumption and build an increased awareness, sensitivity and exposure to cross-cultural differences and the global business environment
- Demonstrate the ability to address a real-world business situation in a global organization integrating and applying concepts learned in other courses
- Evaluate business, cultural, social, political, economic, and legal differences through an analysis of key trade blocs and their current impact on regional and global trade
- Develop awareness, skills and practice in assessing an international opportunity
HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
Healthcare is dynamic, complex, and a force of change in the world today. The Healthcare Management Certificate prepares students to address the evolving models of delivery and financing of care, continually rising costs, and increasing regulatory compliance. Students will learn how to make sound business decisions within healthcare’s rapidly changing business environment through site visits to facilities, guest speakers from clinical, scientific, and operations perspectives, as well as political and/or public health arenas.
- Evaluate the healthcare landscape and the diversity of the stakeholders, and identify contemporary issues framing the healthcare agenda
- Understand the healthcare financial environment and recognize industry- specific analytical tools to support short and long term planning
- Evaluate, explain and defend ethical issues associated with healthcare finance
- Formulate and implement change in the highly complex organizational environments typical of the healthcare industry
MANAGEMENT ANALYTICS CERTIFICATE
This series of four core courses helps students structure an approach to gathering, understanding, and interpreting data in various functional business areas, such as accounting and finance. Students will also learn key economic concepts that are critical to managerial decision-making within today’s business environment.
At the completion of the Management Analytics Certificate, students will be able to:
- Manage the process of identifying, developing, analyzing and challenging data gathered both internally and externally to make sound business decisions
- Communicate quantitative data confidently
- Use performance measurement (accounting) tools to communicate timely and relevant business progress to key stakeholders
- Apply economic value creation concepts to business decisions by understanding its drivers, dynamic relationships, the importance of “what if” analysis, and the need for trade-offs
- Analyze the major components of financial strategy: marketing environment, forecasting needed funds, sources of funds, cost of capital, and appropriate capital structure
- Understand and evaluate how economic issues influence business opportunities and decision making
STRATEGY AND EXECUTION CERTIFICATE
This series of four core courses helps students develop and implement strategy and initiate strategically aligned innovation. Students will gain tools to construct an effective marketing strategy based on competitive advantage, and understand and implement the decisions necessary to optimize operational business processes.
At the completion of the Strategy and Execution Certificate, students will be able to:
- Create and apply organizational strategy
- Understand and evaluate the core functions of the organization
- Evaluate and respond to risk, internally and externally, to address organizational initiatives and to remain competitive
- Understand and apply innovation processes
Qualified certificate students who complete the full admissions process can go on to earn an MBA degree by completing the above three certificates, the capstone course and three electives.