LFGSM Honors Programs
Academic Honors Program 2016-17
The grade point average of each student graduating in June 2017 will be computed at the end of the Spring 2 Term, after all grades have been received. Academic honors will be conferred upon those graduates with a grade point average of 3.95 or above. All graduates with academic honors will be recognized at the Commencement ceremony.
2016-17 Hotchkiss Scholar Award Qualifications
Beginning in July 2016, LFGSM students in graduate degree programs who have a 3.95 or higher GPA by the end of the Fall Term of their graduating academic year are eligible to apply for the Hotchkiss Scholar Award. The Hotchkiss Scholar Application is due at the end of the Fall Term, and will be available on the student portal, my.LFGSM.edu. Completed applications should be sent to the Director of Student Services at email@example.com.
The Hotchkiss Scholar Candidates scheduled to graduate in June 2017 will be evaluated by a selection committee that will consider the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.95 or higher
- Completed Hotchkiss Scholar Application, including a personal essay
- One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Twenty hours of documented community service or business project (outside of the student’s own organization). Volunteering or Business Project must be approved by the Director of Student Services prior to beginning.
- Participation in the LFGSM Business Community through networking events, student groups, golf outing, Graduation, or Admissions Open Houses
For more information about the Academic Honors Program, please contact Registrar@lfgsm.edu.