LFGSM Honors Programs
LFGSM has two honors programs recognizing exceptional student achievement: one based
on academic standing and another based on demonstrated business impact.
Academic Honors Program 2015-16
Students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement qualify to be considered for our academic honors programs. The academic honors program is based solely upon student’s cumulative overall Grade Point Average (GPA).
Academic honors and qualifying GPA are:
- Top 10% of the Graduating Class earn the designation: High Honors
- Top 11-20% of the Graduating Class earn the designation: Honors
2015-16 Hotchkiss Scholar Award Qualifications
Students graduating in June will earn the Hotchkiss Scholars designation solely on the Business Impact Award Basis. That is, Hotchkiss Scholars will have met the following requirements by the end of Spring 2:
- 5843 Global Focus
- 5847 Global Base Camp
- 5844 Business Impact Resource
- Post-Program Impact Program Evaluation
- Documented community business volunteer service or project, as approved by Student Services or the Vice President and Chief Academic Officer
- Earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.85
Academic Honors Program 2016-17
Students graduating with a cumulative grade point average of 3.95 or higher will be recognized with Academic Honors.
2016-17 Hotchkiss Scholar Award Qualifications
The Hotchkiss Scholar Candidates scheduled to graduate in June 2017 will be evaluated by a selection committee that will consider the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.95 or higher
- Completed Hotchkiss Scholar Candidate application, including personal essay
- One Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Documented 30 hours of community service or project (outside your organization) as approved by Student Services, Dean of Faculty & Degree Programs or the VP & Chief Academic Officer
- Participation in the LFGSM Business Community, such as networking events, golf outing, graduation, or admissions open houses
- Hotchkiss Scholars will have met the following requirements by March 4, 2017
The vision for the Hotchkiss Scholar Award is to encourage and celebrate LFGSM students who combine applied learning that results in meaningful business impact and active service to the business community.
For more information about the Academic Honors Program, please contact Registrar@lfgsm.edu.