Temporary Career Coach (Part-Time)DATE: March 21, 2014
POSITION: Temporary Career Coach (Part-Time)
LOCATION: Lake Forest Campus
REPORTS TO: VP Human Resources & Fundraising
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management (LFGSM) is seeking a temporary part-time Career Coach. This individual provides support to the Career Services function. Key area of responsibility: 1:1 coaching engagements with students, prospects and alumni. The temporary assignment consists of 10-15 hours per week and will begin in May for a total of 12-15 weeks. Face-to-face coaching appointments will be held on the Lake Forest campus or Schaumburg premises, with an option for email/phone/virtual communication as needed (according to client and coach availability).
- Respond to requests from prospects, students and alumni with expressed need for career
assistance, including but not limited to:
- 1:1 career coaching (face to face, virtual, email, phone)
- Career resource guidance
- Deliver individual career coaching to prospects, students and alumni.
- Topics include, but are not limited to, career management and planning, job search strategies, resume review, mock interviews, self-marketing, and networking.
- Adhere to all office policies and administrative procedures including accurate timekeeping, maintaining complete advising notes and contact records.
- Self-manage all scheduling with clients – setting up appointment times, maintaining own schedule, reserving coaching space w/ front desk as needed, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience required. MBA, Master’s degree (HR, Counseling) or advanced degree in business-related area strongly preferred. Coaching/advising/counseling experience strongly preferred, including coursework or certification in aspects of executive or career coaching. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in recruiting, career services, employment assistance, and/or sales. Experience in higher education environment highly desirable. Marketing, communications, student services, and/or alumni relations experience a plus.
CONTACT: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include the job title in the subject line.)
– An Equal Opportunity Employer –