President and CEO
The Board of Directors of the Lake Forest Graduate School of Management (LFGSM) seeks
experienced leader, innovator, and strategic thinker for the position of President and CEO.
A private, not‐for‐profit graduate institution with a unique educational model of business leaders teaching working professionals, LFGSM is among the largest providers of MBA degrees in the Chicago region. Closely tied to the business community for more than 65 years, Lake Forest is dedicated to improving the management skills, knowledge, and experience of working professionals to enhance their career progression and impact on their companies and organizations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competence as reflected in career accomplishments; a strong commitment to academic excellence; and a passion for the School’s mission. Candidates must possess proven fiscal acumen, strong strategic skills in attaining challenging objectives, excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with constituents at all levels, and political astuteness and understanding of the intricacies of a business‐oriented private professional school operating in a highly competitive environment. In addition, candidates must have a high degree of integrity and the ability to inspire trust.
Key Selection Criteria
This position calls for vision, breadth, and good judgment; proven business leadership
enthusiasm for fundraising; demonstrated financial and staff management experience; an
entrepreneurial mindset that can identify new opportunities; and the collegial bent and deft
interpersonal ability to lead, motivate, and inspire within the academic environment.
While no candidate will embody every quality, the successful candidate will bring many of the
following professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required with an MBA, or related advanced degree preferred;
- Organizational leadership experience, ideally leading a business or organization through institutional growth; a strong knowledge of business principles; proven experience leading organizational change;
- Vision, intellect, and excellent judgment; ability to craft and implement a strategic vision that focuses on key priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision‐making and management; a capacity to synthesize and see the big picture;
- Gravitas, confidence, and executive presence to be a visible and respected partner within corporate and business circles. Experience and relationships, preferably at high levels, within the business community;
- Significant fundraising, marketing/branding, and fiscal management experience; willingness to be actively engaged in resource development. Strong relational skills; ability to attract new supporters while maintaining strong relationships with existing donors;
- Exceptional communication skills; strong public speaking skills. The ability to relate well to business, community, and academic leaders.
- A management style that is goal‐oriented but flexible, that respects the capabilities and independence of staff members in accomplishing organizational objectives but provides them with a clear sense of direction. Willingness to circulate widely, communicate openly, listen well, and learn from others.
For the complete position description, please download it here.
Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest (cover letter, cv, and five references) should be directed electronically to: LFGSMPresident@divsearch.com.