Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist
DATE: March 19, 2014
POSITION: Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist
LOCATION: Lake Forest Campus
REPORTS TO: VP Finance and CFO
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management (LFGSM) is seeking a full-time Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist at our Lake Forest campus. The purpose of this position is to process bi-weekly payroll for 55 full/part time employees and 100+ adjunct faculty, to process vendor invoices for payment, and to assist in the preparation of general ledger journal entries.
- Collect, prepare and submit online bi-weekly payroll data to payroll service provider (ADP) for all staff (including PTO, garnishments, etc). Maintain payroll files.
- Prepare and input payroll journal entries.
- Prepare retirement contribution spreadsheet in Excel and on TIAA-CREF website.
- Gather and analyze benefits and payroll data for budgeting and forecasting.
- Receive all vendor invoices, match invoices to purchase orders, and receiving documents.
- Code invoices and obtain approval for payment. Enter vendor invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Select invoices for payment; process checks or ACH file for submission to bank.
- Respond to vendor inquiries either by phone or in writing.
- Request, receive, and maintain a current file of W-9 forms from vendors.
- Prepare and mail annual 1099-misc. forms to vendors.
- Assist with monthly closings, create journal entries, reconcile accruals and prepaid, deferred revenue, and reclassifications obtaining support for all entries and adjustments.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for selected G/L accounts.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Four years of experience processing accounts payable in a fast paced accounting environment. Four years of experience processing ADP (or similar) payroll for 100+ employees. Familiarity with month end cut-off procedures to ensure that accounts payable invoices are recorded in the correct accounting period. A demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements is essential.
CONTACT: Email resumes to email@example.com (Please include the job title in the subject line.)
– An Equal Opportunity Employer –