For over 70 years, Lake Forest has been empowering working professionals with the tools to make a difference in their organizations and communities. We believe a leader is someone who inspires others, changes lives and propels businesses forward. The Lake Forest Leadership Model is the core of our leadership philosophy – it is fundamental to our mission to create Broad Thinkers and Strong Leaders.
No matter what program or training we offer, we weave in these key leadership elements:
- Self-Awareness. Self-awareness is the foundation of all leadership attributes. You must be able to recognize your strengths and weaknesses and use that knowledge to do what is best for your organization.
- Agility. The pace of business changes fast. The agile leader is resourceful, resilient, and is able to drive change even among uncertainty.
- Strategic Vision. Goals can only be achieved by leaders who develop a concrete vision and can implement that vision to achieve success.
- Engaging Others. Leaders who truly change lives have the extraordinary ability to engage others by embracing differences and forming strong connections with employees.
- Innovation. Innovative leaders dream big and aren’t afraid to question assumptions. They are curious and creative in the face of obstacles.
Each of these pillars of leadership takes years of practice and an open mind. They are the basis of the LFGSM tagline, “Broad Thinkers, Strong Leaders.” Our mission is to develop strong, well-rounded leaders who can take on any challenge