Financial Aid CoordinatorDATE: January 17, 2014
POSITION: Financial Aid Coordinator
LOCATION: Lake Forest Campus
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Financial Aid
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management (LFGSM) is seeking a full-time Financial Aid Coordinator at our Lake Forest campus. The primary responsibility of this position is to process student financial aid for LMBA and iMBA students who need federal loans to meet their financial obligations to the School.
The Financial Aid Coordinator will also execute all of the student financial aid processes required to verify, originate, and disburse loan funds to students and supports Finance and Administration functions.
- Counsels students regarding their financial options, financial aid eligibility and required documentation to resolve any impediments (E.g.: selective service, loan defaults, citizenship), and preliminary steps in the Stafford /GradPLUS/Alternative loan processes.
- Packages student financial aid and originates and disburses loans. Monitors loans via COD to resolve exceptions and ensure timely disbursement.
- Modifies financial aid packages based on class schedule changes and scholarship awards.
- Coordinates distribution of Stafford/GradPLUS/Alternative loan funds by monitoring satisfactory academic progress, sending disbursement notifications, and originating the processing of any credit balance refund to student or G-5 as indicated.
- Communicates and coordinates student loan process with the Manager of Student Financial Accounts and Registrar.
- Develops and updates scholarship application twice per year.
- Coordinates a communication plan with Scholarship Committee members in order to effectively inform students of scholarship opportunities.
- Counsels financial aid applicants regarding scholarship opportunities as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree required. Specialized knowledge of financial aid procedures for Direct Lending and other loan/scholarship programs is required. Proven ability to work with a high level of attention to detail / accuracy, proficient in Excel (e.g. –pivot tables, filters and formulas) and excellent communications skills are crucial. Ability to function effectively in a team environment; prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently and ability to listen carefully, answer questions over the phone and problem solve with students is key. Individual must also be capable of working independently.
CONTACT: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include the job title in the subject line.)
– An Equal Opportunity Employer –