Faculty Selection Criteria
LFGSM faculty members represent a wide variety of organizations, industries, and functions, and have a wide range of job titles, such as Partner, Vice President, Director, Consultant, and CEO. Our faculty members have extensive practical experience in the subject areas they teach and are uniquely qualified to deliver compelling, contemporary course content. They have in common a strong desire to share their knowledge, facilitate learning, and help students achieve measurable success. But most of all, they're here because they love to teach.
Lake Forest MBA faculty candidates must meet stringent criteria in three areas:
1. A proven track record of accomplishment. Candidates are generally from the ranks of senior management at mid-sized companies or Fortune 500 corporations. To qualify for consideration, you must have significant work experience in the subject area you would like to teach. This experience must be demonstrated in a current Linked In profile.
2. The ability to facilitate learning that helps others achieve results. We look for talented individuals who can clearly convey concepts and insights through business analysis, discussion, and experiential learning techniques. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to present material in a manner that stimulates substantive discussion and encourages peer interaction. Seminar style teaching experience is preferred. LFGSM utilizes a diverse set of teaching methodologies including:
- Facilitated discussions
- Case studies
- Application of classroom material to workplace projects
- Computer simulations and exercises
- Team projects and presentations
- Role play
- Web-enhanced courses with on-line discussion groups
- Self-directed fully online courses
3. Academic credentials. A master's or doctoral degree in a related field. We are currently looking for individuals who meet the above criteria and who also have online teaching experience or previous experience using online web conferencing tools. Of particular relevance is experience or expertise in the sharing of content through online discussion threads or learning modules, experience running virtual meetings through video conferencing and computer-enhanced teleconferencing, and / or a familiarity with technology and social media used in a business setting. Additionally, experience with designing face-to-face, blended/hybrid, and or online courses is preferred
All Lake Forest MBA faculty positions are adjunct (part-time) positions.
if you are interested in being considered for a Lake Forest MBA faculty position, please fill out our online application.
Questions? Please email Angel Fournier our Senior Recruiter or call Angel at 847-574-5150.
Equal Opportunity employer
Lake Forest graduate School of Management selects students, faculty, and staff without regard to race, color, gender, religion, veteran status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.